The following Competition rules shall apply to everyone taking
part on or after September 5th 2013
The previous Competition rules can be seen here
Welcome to the rules for our monthly Competition ("Competition").
Please read these Competition rules carefully. If you enter
any of our monthly Competitions, we will assume that you have
read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. To enter a Competition you must be:
(a) Irish resident; and
(b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
2. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their
immediate families) of Tradesmen.ie
3. No purchase necessary.
4. You can enter our Competition by reviewing the tradesman you hired
on a job that you posted through a link that we send
you by email after you have posted the job.
5. You can only review a tradesman if you have hired them and paid
them in full for the work.
6. Sending an e-mail is not proof that we have received your
entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are
lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
7. A winner will be picked at random at the end of each month,
from eligible entries received during that month.
8. The closing date is as specified in each Competition, and
Tradesmen.ie reserves the right to amend the Competition end
date at any time.
9. If you win a Competition, we will notify you by e-mail.
The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will
be entered into.
10. The result of the Competition will be posted on our blog
at http://blog.tradesmen.ie as a video of the draw. If a video
is not available we will post the person's name.
11. If you are announced as a winner either on our blog or
by email, you have 28 days to email us and claim your prize.
If you do not email us within 28 days to claim your prize you
will forfeit your prize.
12. By entering the Competition the winner agrees to participate
in such promotional activity and material as Tradesmen.ie may
13. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
14. Unless it is a cash prize, no part of a prize is exchangeable
for cash or any other prize.
15. Tradesmen.ie will not be responsible for the warranty on
any non-cash item. For example a prize may have been purchased
or sponsored months in advance so some of the normal warranty
period may have expired by the time the prize is issued.
16. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the
right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
17. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
18. It is our commitment to deliver the very best service so
if you post a negative review, you will automatically be entered into
a dispute resolution process that will try to help you resolve any issues
with the service provider.
19. If we receive one or more complaints from tradesmen about
a customer or if the review is untrue, unfair,
or false it will not be permitted and will not be
entered in the Competition. Any user, be it tradesman or customer
who is not acting within the spirit of our User Agreement will
not be permitted to enter in this or any other competition and
will not be permitted to use the website again.
20. Our aim is that all of our users will be totally happy
with our service and we continually strive to achieve this.
We accept that we can't please everyone 100% of the time so
if you were not happy with our service we welcome your constructive
feedback to help us to learn how to improve it for the benefit
of other users in the future.
21. Please do not post a negative review without notifying
us in advance about your problem to see can we help you first.
Here are some situations where you are not allowed to post a negative
review and therefore will not be entered in the Competition:-
a) If you have not informed us of the matter in advance and
given the service provider a fair chance to deal with the matter for you, b) If
one or more service providers have made complaints against you,
c) If the job is the subject of legal action, d) If you have made
a settlement with a service provider and/or received
a refund which you have accepted.
22. This Competition is being run by Barrowvale Technology
Ltd. T/A Tradesmen.ie, Jamestown, Ballybrittas, Co. Laois.
any personal information we may collect about you by entering
24. Tradesmen.ie reserves the right to amend these rules at
any time. Tradesmen.ie may also create rules which will apply
to a specific Competition only. If we do this we will publish
the amended Competition rules and/or specific Competition rules
on the relevant Competition page.
25. Cash prizes will be paid by electronic funds transfer only
or you can opt for a Tradesmen.ie Voucher for the same value
subject to the Tradesmen.ie Voucher
terms and conditions
26. Tradesmen.ie will endeavour to send prizes within a month
of the Competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery